COVID-19 Policies & Updates
To ensure the safety & health of all clients and myself, please note the following updated guidelines:
- Please wait in your car until your scheduled appointment time and text (312) 967-6592 prior to entering the building.
- Clients are required to wear a mask at all times while on the premises and for the entire duration of your appointment unless you are receiving a facial.
- No children or additional guests are allowed. No exceptions.
- 24 hour cancellation/reschedule policy will be STRICTLY enforced. You will be charged full price for no shows and any appointment changes or cancellations less than 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time.
- 15 minute late policy will be STRICTLY enforced. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your service, your appointment will be considered a "no show" resulting in a cancelled appointment and full payment charged to credit card on file.
- If you, or anyone in your household, are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, have been exposed to Covid-19 within the last 14 days, or travelled to or received guests from any of the known hot spots within the last 14 days, PLEASE reschedule your appointment prior to the 24 hour cancellation period.
We apologize for any inconvenience from these changes but our health is extremely important. We want to make sure we are doing our part to continue to stop the spread of Covid-19 while still meeting our skin care and beauty goals.
POLICIES & GENERAL FAQ's:
We take pride in helping our clients look AND feel better. We appreciate that you have trusted us with your intimate waxing and skin care needs. All services are performed to ensure you have a safe & healthy experience:
NO double dipping!
Gloves worn for every service
Sanitized & disinfected tools for each client and service
Fresh disposables for each client and service
NEW CLIENTS must pre-pay for their appointment no later than 24 hours before appointment. All appointments not pre-paid in the proper time will be cancelled at 24 hours before your appointment.
For example, if you have a 10 am appointment on Sunday, your appointment needs to be paid for no later than 10 am on Saturday to avoid being canceled at 10:01 am on Saturday.
The beauty & the BRiDE Skin Care is located inside a secure building at 14810 S. Cicero Ave., Suite 2D, Oak Forest, IL 60452. If the door is locked upon arrival, please call or text: (312) 967-6592 to gain access to the building. Free lot parking is available.
By appointment only
Sunday - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday - *Friday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
*Saturday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
*NOTE: Friday & Saturday availability open on Monday of each week.
Intimate Waxing & Skin Care Services
- available for female clients only
- Bikini Wax
- Brazilian Wax
- Express and Full Intimate Ingrown Hair Treatment (aka "Vajacial")
Other Waxing Services
- available as add on to Intimate Wax services
- Underarm Wax
- Lip Wax
- Chin Wax
- Sideburn Wax
Facials & Skin Care Services
- Clear Skin Acne Treatment (acne facials are best as a series of 6-8 treatments. Get clear skin in 3 - 4 months with our Acne Bootcamp!)
- Signature & Express Facials
- Microdermabrasion Facial
- Hydradermabrasion Infusion Facial
- Gentlemen's Facial
- Ingrown Hair Treatment
- Eyebrow Shaping (tweeze and wax)
- Eyebrow Tint
A valid credit or debit card is required to book your appointment. You will NOT be charged for the service at the time of booking. A TEMPORARY hold for a nominal fee (usually $1 or less) will be placed on your card to confirm it is valid. On the date of service, final charges can be charged to the credit card on file or to a new card, or paid in cash.
Valid I.D. is required to use credit cards. Credit cards must be in the name of the person receiving service, OR the card owner must be present.
For your convenience, online scheduling is available 24/7 for all services. If your desired time or service is not available, please be sure to check back regularly for changes in availability due to cancellation. You can also text (312) 967-6592 by 10 am on the date of desired service to be put on a SAME DAY ONLY cancellation wait list.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, you do NOT have an appointment. Please check your email if you are unsure whether you scheduled your appointment successfully.
NOTE: Prices are subject to change with or without notice.
We offer our undivided attention to clients during services and do not double book appointment slots. You will be charged full price for no shows and any appointment changes or cancellations less than 24 hours prior to scheduled appointment time.
If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for any service, your appointment will be considered a "no show" resulting in a cancelled appointment and full payment charged to credit card on file.
All service sales are final. Unopened and unused products may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of purchase.
We are a private intimate beauty suite where we aim to foster a relaxing environment. While we love children too, this time is for you. Children cannot be adequately supervised during treatments. For safety and the comfort of other clients, no children or adult guests not receiving services are allowed.
A. Absolutely! We aren't just Estheticians at beauty & the BRiDE Skin Care. We are Face Reality Certified Acne Specialists dedicated to clearing your skin and helping you stay clear. We have the proper training and products available to provide effective acne treatments proven to provide results. PLUS:
- We are able to compassionately treat you without resorting to expensive prescription drugs.
- We are able to spend more time carefully listening to, and providing solutions for, your concerns.
- We touch and feel your skin each time you come in and make necessary adjustments to your treatments and home care routine. This helps to prevent dry, irritated skin or lack of results when your skin adapts to your home care products.
- You don't have to figure it out on your own. We maintain close communication and coach you through every step of the process of getting your skin clear and staying clear.
- We keep updated with the latest information, technology, treatments, and ingredients related to the treatment of acne.
A. Schedule a Clear Skin Acne Treatment so that we can analyze your skin type and determine your acne type and triggers. From there, we will design a treatment plan and home product regimen based on your skin’s unique needs.
Acne facials are best as a series of 6 - 8 treatments. Get clear skin in 3 - 4 months with our Acne Bootcamp!
A. There are so many benefits to waxing!
- Waxing exfoliates the skin by removing the top layer of dead skin cells, revealing healthy clear skin.
- Because hair is removed from the root, over time waxing also helps to thin out hair growth.
- Ingrown hair issues are also less likely since hair grows back finer and is less likely to get trapped under the skin as it would with shaving.
- And no more stubble the next day! Skin remains smooth for longer with waxing, and services only need to be performed approximately every 4 weeks, versus daily with shaving.
This is the million dollar question! Because everyone has a different pain tolerance, the answer totally depends on you. The first session can be scary and slightly more uncomfortable due to the "unknown" - especially for intimate wax services, but our number one priority is client care. We aim to provide a quick and efficient service while maintaining client comfort and skin integrity. Discomfort can be reduced with each service by staying on a 4-6 week waxing schedule and following our instructions for maintaining smooth skin in between services. Also, to further decrease discomfort, DO NOT SHAVE OR USE HAIR REMOVAL CREAMS - like Nair - BETWEEN YOUR WAXING SERVICES.
A. Hair should be grown out to approximately 1/4 inch, or about the size of a grain of rice. This is usually at least two weeks of growth. At this length, the wax is able to properly adhere to the hair and remove it from the root.
A. Waxing services should be performed every 2 - 4 weeks depending on area. We recommend services be performed every 4 weeks for underarms, bikini and Brazilian waxes. While maintaining a steady 4 week schedule works best for all areas to keep you smooth longer, we understand that it is sometimes difficult to extend facial and underarm waxing services. These services can be performed every 2-3 weeks if client prefers.
A. Make sure your hair is at the appropriate length to receive service. For best results, you can GENTLY exfoliate the treatment area with a a body scrub about 2 days before your appointment. But please avoid any harsh chemical and/or manual exfoliation less than 48 hours prior to your wax service.
Also, if receiving an intimate wax service like a bikini or Brazilian wax, taking a warm (not hot) shower right before your wax appointment will cleanse the area to be waxed and help to soften the follicle for easier hair removal.
AVOID RECEIVING WAXING SERVICES IN THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- If you have taken Accutane in the last 12 months prior to scheduled appointment.
- If you have used Retin-A, Differin, or any topical vitamin A derivative based prescription or home care products in or around the service area in the last 3 months prior to scheduled appointment.
- If you have any skin irritation or sunburn in or around the service area
- If you have taken antibiotics in the last 2 weeks prior to your appointment
RECEIVING WAX SERVICES UNDER THE ABOVE CIRCUMSTANCES CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS AND POSSIBLY IRREPARABLE DAMAGE TO SKIN. A consultation will be performed prior to service to determine Client suitability for requested Wax Service. Esthetician reserves the right to decline performing services that may compromise the health of Client’s skin.
Note: If you are currently using any medications mentioned or not mentioned above, and you are unsure whether you can receive service, please consult with your prescribing physician for confirmation before your appointment.
A. It is not uncommon to experience slight irritation and possible redness in the service area. This irritation will typically only last a couple of hours after your service. Your skin should return to normal by the next day. Hair will begin to grow back softer and thinner in about 2-3 weeks after your wax service. With additional services, skin will remain smooth and hair free for longer.
IF YOU CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE IRRITATION AND REDNESS MORE THAN 24 HOURS AFTER SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.
A. While waxing typically decreases the occurrence of ingrown hair, all clients are counseled during and after waxing service on the proper care to maintain smooth healthy skin and prevent ingrown hair. We also offer an Intimate Ingrown Hair Service to treat and help further prevent ingrown hair as well as decrease post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from past ingrown hair issues.
A. Absolutely not! Shaving or using depilatory products like Nair between wax appointments will interrupt your natural hair growth cycle resulting in coarser feeling hair and more hair growth at your next waxing appointment.
A. Always wear loose fitting clothes in and around the service area to prevent irritation from clothing rubbing against waxed area. If receiving intimate wax services such as bikini or Brazilian wax, it is best not to wear undergarments after service. However, if you are not comfortable going without them, please bring clean underwear to use after your intimate wax service is performed.