Now that summer has FINALLY arrived in Chicago and looks like she’s here to stay, the clothes are coming off. If you are planning to show more skin you’re probably wondering about the best method of hair removal. If you’re asking yourself “is waxing better for my skin?” The short answer is…Absolutely!
With shaving, you’ll experience the following:
– results only last 2 – 3 days max. Most women shave AT LEAST daily, with some actually shaving more than once a day to avoid a “5 o’clock shadow”
– hair regrowth feels and looks thicker and darker
– razors irritate the skin causing micro tears. This leaves the skin damaged and susceptible to infection, ingrown hair, and razor burn
– causes increased hair growth
Cream depilatories like Nair and Veet do not remove hair from the room. They not only cause chemical burns in the intimate areas being used, but they also have the same result on the hair as shaving.
If you prefer less hair, but don’t want to wax, you can trim the hair with scissors or a trimmer instead of shaving or using depilatories. If you MUST shave, use a new single blade razor Every! Single! Time! so you’re not reintroducing bacteria into damaged skin, and use a nice thick shave cream so that the razor will glide over the skin and be less likely to cause nicks and irritation.
If you’re tired of the side effects of shaving, consider waxing. Benefits of waxing include:
– hair grows back thinner and softer and looks less noticeable
– waxing exfoliates the skin leaving ti smoother, reducing pigmentation issues, and helping reduce ingrown hair
– removes hair from the root
– results last ups to 4 weeks
– decreased hair growth over time
Are you interested in scheduling an intimate wax? Click HERE to schedule.
Love, light, & SPF!
The Skin & Acne Coach